Thursday, January 28, 2010

happy birthday to me

Mike called this morning to wish me a happy birthday. It was really good to hear from him, especially since I hadn't talked to him since Sunday. I baked chocolate cherry cake and I had enough batter left over to make cupcakes. I've gotta say, it's like heaven in a cupcake. I had a really tough time after dinner. It hit me hard that I wouldn't see him this year for my birthday and nor would he be here for my next birthday. I know we will celebrate when he gets home next Thursday and I should just toughen up, but no one ever said it would be easy. It freaking sucks! I just want my husband. I just want to be in the same place with him longer than a few weeks at a time. I know someday we'll get that honeymoon. I know someday things will get just a little bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment